Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

FEMAP MODELLING

Hello community, i want to explain a problem with which I'm facing on FEMAP. Pratically I have a disk (100mm Diameter), in a plastic material (UHMWPE GUR 1020) and i have to model the Creep Behaviour of the material on FEMAP, the disk is 2mm thick and it has 6 holes (2mm Diameter). I have to apply an enforced displacement on 5 of these holes and to fix one. I'm putting enforced displacement force on the internal surfaces of the holes (with a fix contraint or a full marked cylindrical type constraint) and a fixation on one of these holes. I made some Advanced Non Linear Analysis but every time the stress in the Holes reach high values that are inacceptable for the material. I want to remove the holes because I'm not interested to the Stess in/around them, but i have also to model the enforced displacement in that points. I saw that on Ansys there is the possibility to create a Keypoint in a hole and move only this one without create stress concentration in the holes, can i make the same thing in FEMAP? If yes, can you help me to do it? 

Thanks in Advance

6 REPLIES

Re: FEMAP MODELLING

If you use Femap v11.3.x, in the Meshing Toolbox under the Feature Removal Toolset, you can remove a Loop with the Add Surface Mesh Point option enabled.  This will delete the hole and add a mesh point at the center of the hole.  When you mesh the surface(s), a node is automatically placed at the mesh point.

If you have an earlier version of Femap, first create a point at the center of the hole(s), remove or suppress the hole(s) and manually add the mesh point with the command, Mesh > Mesh Control > Mesh Points on Surface.

These points (or the meshed node) at the hole centers can then be constrained and the enforced displacement can be placed at those locations.

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development

Hi, thank you for the suggestion, I made the point but now i have to face another problem, if I make a point on the surface, when I apply a force, only the face where that point is putted is moved and at the same point of the opposite surface nothing happens. The main problem is that the disk had not a fixed thickness so i can't use a midsurface to study it, there is a method to create a sort of hole axis to move or I can't do anything? The main problem is to remove the hole and put a displacement of his axis in the space.

If you could post a picture, or the model itself, we can probably make some suggestions.

Mark.

[ Edited ]

Hello, these could be some examples of geometry that i want to solve. 

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author PieFierro
‎05-18-2017 10:31 AM

Here's a video showing how I would do this, please let me know if this helps.

(view in My Videos)

Mark.

Hello, thank you for the Help, Unfortunatly the problem still exist in my case, but i think that is related to the entity of the displacement that is too high for that geometry and/or material. Thank you very much, i discovered new important options in FEMAP and other interesitng things. Have a Nice day Robot Happy