Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEMAP Output Processing

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi folks,

I am having an issue with displaying relevant outputs for different groups in the same model.

Since the project is a test case, I can post pictures and give relevant info.

I am analyzing a monument for inertial load conditions with the structure of the monument constructed using non-metallic honeycomb sandwich. I have created different layers for each part of the monument.

And I have defined a different material direction for each layer.

I am selecting the laminate ply 1 Von Mises at the contour output and I get the following result with the output orientation set to "Material Direction".

I was hoping to get appropriate output for each layer but I get the same vonmises result when I turn on and activing different layer.

Please suggest on where I am going wrong. I was hoping to get output only for that relevant layer (& its content) based on the layer's material direction.

Please feel free to request for more info.

Thanks in advance,

2 REPLIES

Re: FEMAP Output Processing

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Dear Nagaraj,

No matter the layer you hide or show when you plot any result the legend values will be for the full model, ONLY IF YOU USE GROUPS then Max/Min results will be only of the active group.

Best regards,

Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/

Re: FEMAP Output Processing

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Blas,

Thanks for clarifying on how the output control works in FEMAP.

I really apprecaite your help.

Need, to go through the examples again on learning how to create Groups. I find it much easier to create layers in FEMAP while it is very easy to create groups in PATRAN Smiley Happy

Regards...