Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

FEMAP Stress Linearization Tool

Dear all

This is my first message, even if I use Femap since 2011. I am a mechanical engineer specialized in pressure vessel design. I need to do stress linearization according to ASME Section VIII Division 2 (or EN 13445 Annex B)

I need to do stress linearization in solid FEMAP models, I have always used the an add-in for FEMAP v10.3.1B/v11 (see Siemens PLM Community:Femap:Femap Knowledge Base:FEMAP Stress Linearization Tool).

Now with FEMAP 11.2 I am not able to get any results. Please help me! I use this add-in a lot for pressure vessel analysis and I hope this will be implemented in the "Custom tools" in the future.

Best Regards and many thanks in advance

AMinati

AMinati
18 REPLIES

Re: FEMAP Stress Linearization Tool

I added a new zip with a version for FEMAP v11.2 -

Original Post

Mark.

Many thanks

Ing. Angelo MINATI

Via T. Minardi, 21

I - 36061 BASSANO DEL GRAPPA (VI)

Tel. +39 0424 513106 Cell. +39 333 7688303
AMinati

Dear All, 

I try to install the new release of Femap stress linearization tool on windows 10 but it dosen't work.

Is a OS problem? I use the new release of Femap 11.2.2.

Thanks in advance.

SM

I have tried the Femap Stress Linearizaation tool on windows 7 and with both 11.2.1 and 11.2.2 Femap release and it does not work! See attachmment.

AMinati

AMinati

Please send me the model you are using, I'd like to test it here.

Mark.

Mark A. Sherman
FEMAP
Siemens PLM Software
411 Eagleview Boulevard
Suite 108
Exton, PA 19341
sherman.mark@siemens.com
610-458-6502

Hi !

I certainly have an error with the FSTL tool because I install it from a network distant directory.

Can you tell me how I can unistall the FSTL soft so I can reinstall it properly on my computer ?

Thank you !

Bruno

Hi Mark,

I'm using FEMAP v11.3.2 and am getting a similar error

Error comes up as soon as I click on the "FEMAP Stress Linearization Tool" icon from the directory I've down loaded and unzipped it to.

The window opens in femap, and I am able to select nodes, but no graph comes up.

Are you able to help ?

It looks like an excellent tool, it would be great to have it added as a standard API under custom tools.

Thanks

Fergus

I would try installing the latest .NET (v4.5) from Microsoft and see if that helps -

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Mark.

I have installed Femap 11.3.2 and I use the Stress Linearization Tool without problems.

(Femap run on Windows 10)

Best Regards

AMInati

AMinati