Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEMAP as PrePost for LS-DYNA Solver

PLM World Member Experimenter PLM World Member Experimenter
PLM World Member Experimenter

Dear Sirs,

I have LS-DYNA solver and I would like to use Femap as the Pre-Post; Is there anybody here who did it?
How is the Femap interface to run LS-DYNA? Any restrition or something like that?
I need to figure out how to do CUTTING SIMULATION (Explicit Mode).

Thank you very much.

Wagner

3 REPLIES

Re: FEMAP as PrePost for LS-DYNA Solver

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Dear Wargner,

FEMAP can import FE models from LS-DYNA, of course, as well as lauch the LS-DYNA solver for Implicit/Explicit Transient Dynamic nonlinear analysis:

LS-DYNA.png

The lastest release of FEMAP V11.1.1 includes the following improvements for the LS-DYNA Interface:

• Added support to write *PART_COMPOSITE for Laminate properties.
  • Added support to write all of the entries needed to run an analysis to run using the implicit solver.
  • Added support to write *CONTACT_TIED_SHELL_EDGE_TO_SURFACE_BEAM_OFFSET entry.
  • Added support to write EQ 23 and EQ 24 element formulations for plate elements.
  • Added support to write EQ -1 and EQ -2 element formulations for solid elements.
  • Added support to write negative values for Thickness Overrides (used in Tied Contact).
  • Added support to write the G command line option, which specifies where the d3plot files will be written. By default, it will always be the same directory as the input file.

A number of bugs were corrected.

For details, see “Analysis Program Interfaces” in the FEMAP User Guide.

Best regards,

Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/

Experimenter
Experimenter
Dear All,

I begin to use femap as pre-post for ls-dyna, and have one question; How can I find which UI-menu corresponds to which keyword in ls-dyna input?

Im looking over “Analysis Program Interfaces” in the FEMAP User Guide as mentioned above by Blas, but it lists only part of the keywords,I think.

Is there any good way to get more details regarding ls-dyna keyword available in femap more quick and easily?
(First of all, for ls-dyna, only keywords listed in “Analysis Program Interfaces” are supported in femap? I hope not.)

Sincerely,
Misato

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Is there a specific topic or keyword for which you need help? We have many customers who use Femap and LS-Dyna together.

John