Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEMAP problems;

Experimenter
Experimenter

I actually have two problems:

First off, all of the sudden I started getting this message upon startup:

FEMAP has stopped working, blah blah blah, and must close.

In the text box I can see in red

"Seleced pixel format does not support 32 bit OpenGL"

"Femap running on Vista requires the desktop to be set to 32 bit color quality"

I decided to try running FEMAP with the integrated graphics instead of the gpu and it works.

The more pressing issue is that I get the following message when attempting to analyze

"Unable to open xxxx.log logfile for reading. Please check file manually and confirm licensing." I've seen this before and I've seen several threads where they say make sure the rcf file is pointing at the correct scratch file.

I've checked the scratch files and made sure the NAST10 rcf file points to c:\scratch but I still get the error.  Please help!

5 REPLIES

Re: FEMAP problems;

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Try commenting out the scratch file specification in the .rcf, put a $ in front of sdir = ......  NASTRAN will then default to Windows Temp for scratch.

Mark.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks but that didnt seem to do anything

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Do any of these files get created? .log, .f04, or .f06? If so, please post here and we should be able to figure out what's going on.

Mark.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Nope.  It writes a few .scr0 and .scr1 folders in the results folder just a .dat file.  That's it.

Due to the other problem I did run an install/repair.  I hadn't tried an analysis since then so that may be the cause?  Perhaps I should just uninstall and reinstall?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for your help.  I reinstalled and all the problems went away.  I'm back to work!