cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEMAP resizing dialog boxes

Creator
Creator

Currently I am using FEMAP 11.3 for my models and am coming across an issue which is annoying.

Due to numbering directives imposed by the customer I have element and node numbers of 8 digits long. Unfortunately I am unable to see the complete width of the elements/nodes list in the dialog boxes as you can see in the attached picture. FEMAP_dialog_box.png

I can use the "Pick" drop down list to copy the entire element/node list and past that into notepad/excel or whatever, but I find that very cumbersome.

Therefore my question is, is there a way to resize the dialog box so the entire width of the element/node list is shown.

Thanks in advance.

Gertjan

4 REPLIES

Re: FEMAP resizing dialog boxes

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can quickly copy the selection list by clicking the Pick^ and then select the Copy or Copy as List menu item.

2016-08-03_7-56-18.jpg

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development

Creator
Creator

Hi Chip,

Thank you for the quick answer, but as I already said in my question I find that option very cumbersome because it involves pasting the data to another application.

I just want to see the full width of the element list on the screen in FEMAP, which requires a resize of the dialog box. Is this possible?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Unfortunately, you cannot resize this dialog box.

However, you can paste the list into the Messages pane and do not have to exit Femap.

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development

Creator
Creator
Hi chip,

Thanks for the tip.
I think I will have to learn to live with this until maybe resizing these boxes is possible in a new version of FEMAP.

Regards,
Gertjan