Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Face Split Failure

Hi,

I tried opening a bulky assembly in Femap which was made in Solidege. First of all, it takes a lot of time which is self-explanatory, but it gives some kind of  "Face Split Failure". 

So my question is, is there anything which gets truncated in the assembly due to this particular failure? And how to account for this? 

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author CodeCrack
‎04-05-2017 05:32 PM

Re: Face Split Failure

There is a long history for the "Face Split Failure" message.  FEMAP splits all periodic faces on geometry, most common are regular cylindrical holes, that get split at 0 and 180 degrees.  We do this solely for meshing.  The message is generated when we make the call to Parasolid to make the split, and Parasolid tells us the split failed.  This has always been when the split was either already there, or not required.  The wording "failure" is pretty strong, and not really indicative of any type of real problem.  We will more than likely just remove this message for the next release of FEMAP.

Do not worry about this message.

Mark.

Thank You Mark. So this means that I can continue with different analysis on the assembly hopefully? I have to do some thermal and stress analyses and furthermore some acceleration testing if possible. Bhumika

This message is not a problem.

Mark.