Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Listing Elemental Results to Data Table in Chosen Coordinate System

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Oftentimes I need to survey elemental results spanning many loadcases.

Using the current method of listing results to the Data Table does not provide a way to transform elemental results into a chosen coordinate system. It is only possible to transform nodal results to a different coordinate system.

Thus when listing  elemental results to the Data Table they are always output in the element coordinate system. (Big bummer!)

Please provide an update to allow the user to transform elemental results using List > Ouput > Results to Data Table.

I know this coordinate tranformation is possible using the contour arrow plot, but you can only ouput results to the Data Table for the current loadcase shown.

Thanks,

Stressman

Femap v11.3

2 REPLIES

Re: Feature Request: Listing Elemental Results to Data Table in Chosen Coordinate System

Phenom
Phenom
Have you considered Model -> Output -> Transform? This provides new results vectors in your chosen coordinate system, which you can then list to the data table. It is an extra step, but it makes the listing possible.

Re: Feature Request: Listing Elemental Results to Data Table in Chosen Coordinate System

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Haven't tried that method but thank you for pointing it out.

It would be nice if it was a simple click to transform instead of having to create a new results vector set.

I'll add it to the Femap v 11.4 feature wishlist Smiley Happy