Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Femap 11.2 Pick Front Bug

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Femap Developers:

When utlizing the pick front option and doing a rectangular, polygon, freehand, or circular selection of elements or nodes, the software still grabs elements which are behind the most forward elements or nodes.  This was an issue with previous versions of FEMAP, it would be great if it could be fixed in 11.2.1.

The pick front option DOES work when picking eleements or nodes one at a time, but does not work for any other selection method.

Thanks,

Stressman

2 REPLIES

Re: Femap 11.2 Pick Front Bug

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

This is not a bug, but the way picking was designed.  Pick Front, and Query Pick only work on a single drill down.  Box picking, circle picking, polygon pick ,etc. work on everything inside the pick. We're currently debating new picking options and methods for FEMAP, and a front only mode is something we're thinking of.  If you have any other ideas or picking methods that you think would be most efficient, we'd be glad to hear them.

Mark.

Re: Femap 11.2 Pick Front Bug

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Mark,

I would strongly suggest a pick-front only box, circular, polygon method. As I transition from Patran to Femap, this is one feature that is very useful for our structure which most often has mutliple layers.  If I may also suggest another picking option which allows the user to pick-only bar, rod, mpc, cbush elements etc.  This is another feature included in Patran that would be an excellent addition to Femap.

Thankyou

Stresman