cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Femap - Pasting entities values in to selection box/Window

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,
I have a bunch of nodes where probably rigid body motions are occuring and thus analysis is not able to complete successfully. I want to view all the nodes simultaneously in the model.

I was able to get all the node numbers list next to each other seperated by commas, but Femap is not accepting that format in the Window->Show Entities->Nodes selection window. Currently, I have to manully type in the node numbers and I have a bunch of them which makes it tedious. Just wondering if there is an alternative quicker way to accomplish the above?

01.PNGIs there a way to paste multiple entity/node numbers directly in to selection window panel?Is there a way to paste multiple entity/node numbers directly in to selection window panel?

Also, please consider this a request if such feature is absent in Femap i.e. ability to paste entity numbers directly in to the selection box.

4 REPLIES

Re: Femap - Pasting entities values in to selection box/Window

Pioneer
Pioneer

You're close...

In selection box click on "Pick" then "Paste"

Selection.png

Dialog box copy, paste.png

Remember that at any time you can hit "F1" for help in any dialog box.  From the help file:

Dialog box copy, paste.png

Creator
Creator

I think your can paste nodes list into excel and use the row and column swap function of excel ,then copy the colmun to femap dialog,please see the following fig:

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thx EWiener...thats exactly what I was looking for! Will try it out...

Experimenter
Experimenter

Doesn't work that way