Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Femap Trial Throws an Exception.

Dear Femap Marketing,

Thank you for the outstanding trial version of Femap. As a disclaimer I have utilized Femap software only at the University level as I am a very recent Engineering graduate. I have downloaded a trial version of your software for use at home and for additional use before employment. I form this email in response to a generated Femap exception "to contact your sales representative".

I seek to utilize Femap for a coming job interview whereby a Medical device company wants me to design a product for presentation. I had hoped to model my design in Femap particularly because I aim to report on structural analysis. I realized that the trial version is also watered down to restrict large demos therefore I am unable to save the model I've constructed (much to my chagrin). The model is too large for the demo version.

If there is a possibility for any concession, I would appreciate any advice on how to save a larger model. In the same token, I do realize that trial versions are named rightfully so and I thank you for your time.

Cheers,
Jimmy
2 REPLIES

Re: Femap Trial Throws an Exception.

Hi Jimmy,

The trial version should have no limitations, and if you are running a limited version then it's likely that you are using the wrong licensing dll (this is selected during installation). In the Femap install directory try running the file named "go_network.bat". This will change the license dll from the limited 300 node version (with additional limitations on geometry creation) to the full unlimited version.

Regards,
Al Robertson

Re: Femap Trial Throws an Exception.

[ Edited ]
Hi Jimmy,

The trial version should have no limitations, and if you are running a limited version then it's likely that you are using the wrong licensing dll (this is selected during installation). In the Femap install directory try running the file named "go_network.bat". This will change the license dll from the limited 300 node version (with additional limitations on geometry creation) to the full unlimited version.

Regards,
Al Robertson

I followed an example and the larger files save perfectly fine now. Thank you for the help!