Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Femap freezing

Experimenter
Experimenter

I've been having a problem with Femap 11.1 freezing at seemingly random times. The most common occasion is when I am manipulating the model in space with my 3DConnexion mouse. It is a problem that I have encountered with 10.X versions, almost not at all with 11.0, and now it's almost daily with 11.1. In the past, I've left Femap to its own devices for 20 or 30 minutes, but it just stayed frozen and I had to end it via the task manager.

Has anyone else had this problem?

13 REPLIES

Re: Femap freezing

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Contact me at the office, I have a patch that fixes this for v11.1.1.  The 3D Connexion drivers through in some changes, and together withe some transformation issues in our code, this freeze can now happen.  We've fixed this and recently tested with two customers in Europe who were having the same problem and it is fixed.  

Contact - sherman dot mark at siemens dot com

Siemens Phenom

A patch for v11.1.1 has been uploaded to our Siemens PLM GTAC support website –

https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/femap/v111/mouse_patch/

You can also upgrade to v11.1.2 that has the fix in, it’s in the Full Product Release area of –

https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/download.php

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the patch and the links!

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am having this problem with 11.0.1. Is there a way I can access the download link or download from somewhere else?

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend
Just started using 11.2 yesterday and it has frozen twice this morning. The first time it froze I did not even have a file open! I just fired it up and went to un-maximise the window so that I could shift it over to my other monitor and hello, frozen!

Such a shame, Femap has been utterly rock-solid up until this version! I don't have time for this crap -- I will use the trusty 11.1.2 until such time as some resolution on this is obtained.

Siemens Phenom

There's no patch for v11.0.1, you'll have to move to v11.1.2 or v11.2.

Mark.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

does the patch work in Femap 11.1.0?

Thanks,

Alberto

Siemens Phenom

No, it's for v11.1.1, or it's already included in v11.1.2.  Any v11.1.x's are 100% licensing and database compatiable, so the best bet is to just insall v11.1.2.

Mark.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks,

For ease of clarification, I encountered the problem of Femap freezing with 3d mouse only few days ago when I upgraded from a Windows Vista 64 pc to Windows 7 64 bit.

Despite the bad reputation of Windows Vista, Femap never freezed...

Alberto