Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Femap modify existing Mesh Size with Split Point to Edge command

Legend
Legend

Hello!

I had already Mesh Size on a Surface. There is Mesh Size on Curve 1 equal 19:

SplitPointToEdge_1.jpg

After I split Surface with command "Split Point to Edge" from Point 1 to Curve 2, Femap modify the Mesh Size on Curve 1 from 19 to 13 (this size is according to my Default Mesh Size):

SplitPointToEdge_2.jpg

DefaultMeshSize.jpg

How can I turn off this function (I want to set Mesh Size myself)?

The new Curve 6 has a Parametric Mesh Spacing, but in my Prefences I set Lenght Spacing:

MeshSizeAlongCurve.jpg

Preferences_Geometry.jpg

When I split Surface with command "Split Between Points" from Point 1 to Point 3, all Mesh size are unchanged, and the new Curve 5 will get Mesh Size too:

SplitBetweenPoints.jpg

There is another situation, when I work with Solid.

Here is my test model:

SplitPointToEdge_Solid_1.jpg

When I split Solid Surface with command "Split Point to Edge" from Point 9 to Curve 2, more Curves will be mesh sized:

SplitPointToEdge_Solid_2.jpg

When I split Solid Surface with command "Split Between Points" from Point 9 to Point 3, none of Curves will be mesh sized:

SplitBetweenPoints_Solid.jpg

I attached my models. I work with Femap v11.1.2 64-bit.

Best regards

Peter

1 REPLY

Re: Femap modify existing Mesh Size with Split Point to Edge command

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Peter,

We have already updated the mesh sizing code for the upcoming FEMAP v11.2.  In the old code, when a curve was split, we took a look at the average mesh sizing on the curve and then applied it to the new or split entities.  In v11.2, if there is no specified mesh sizing, we don't do anything. Your other issue, with Curve 1 getting updated seems to have also been fixed while the mesh sizing code was being reworked.

Mark.