Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group finite element entities.

Creator
Creator

Good day,

up-to-date I have not been able to use group capabilities effectively.

The challenge I have is that after creating groups (automatically) & selecting a choice of associating each group with its finite element entities I still experience invisible entities when I select a choice of viewing each group. In fact I can only view all the entities when I select view full model option despite meshing each group/part individually. Is there a rule I'm missing?

3 REPLIES

Re: Group finite element entities.

Legend
Legend

Hi,

You can create a group and add all elements in your model (select all). Then use the show multiple groups (right click on one group box) and hide all groups you already createdthen you will see the remaining elements which are not included in any group.

Regards,

Seifeddine Naffoussi

Pioneer
Pioneer

If you are using layers also, make sure they are all visible

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You might also want to use Group - Operations - Automatic Add and set it to add to the Active Group.  While meshing your model, create a new Group, make sure it's the active one, and then anything that gets created gets added to that group.  Move on to the next part or section of your model, and create a new group, make sure it's active, and from then on, everything's in that group.  When you're done, your model should be grouped appropriately.

Mark.