cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Control whether FEMAP overwrites or duplicates Imported Nastran Models

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is there an option where I control whether femap overwrites, offsets or duplicates imported FEM entities?

Currently it seems FEMAPs overwrites entities when I import a nastran bdf file.

3 REPLIES

Re: How to Control whether FEMAP overwrites or duplicates Imported Nastran Models

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Have you tried  Model->Merge ?

Re: How to Control whether FEMAP overwrites or duplicates Imported Nastran Models

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm not a huge fan of model > merge. I have tried it in the past, but I would prefer to be able to control how femap handles importing a raw bdf, rather than import the bdf into a blank database, then merge it to the final database.

I need something similiar to the level of control Patran provides when importing nastran bdfs.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You should give File - Merge another try, we put extensive work into it to provide all the auto-renumbering and overwrite/don't overwrite options that NASTRAN users have asked for.  I understand there's an extra step of reading the imported NASTRAN file into a temp model to use it, but the flexibility, and certainty of what's going to happen with the numbering of nodes, elements, materials and properties should be worth it.  In addition, there's auto-grouping and transformation options as well.

Mark.