cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate TMG menu for CFD analysis

Creator
Creator

Hi guys,

Does anybody know how to turn on or activate the TMG menu for CFD analysis?

6 REPLIES

Re: How to activate TMG menu for CFD analysis

Experimenter
Experimenter

TMG CFD basic and advanced thermal and flow is a 3rd party (Maya) application that must be activated thru the puchase of a license.  The toolbar, however, comes standard with Femap.  You can activate the toolbar just as you would any other toolbar in Femap by right clicking in the toolbar area and highlighting the TMG button in the dropdown list.  The toolbar should then appear in the toolbar area.  Click on the toolbar and the CFD commands will appear on the right side of the model display.  Only a single instance of the toolbar may be active at any given time and in the event of an aborted  Femap session, the TMG toolbar may not recognize that it should not be active.  I have been forced to reboot my computer on more than one occasion due to this.  Note that if a license is not available, you may still access the CFD commands and set up an analysis, but you cannot solve.

Creator
Creator
Thanks Dennis, I had a suspicion that was the case.

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Please note that if Femap has aborted with the TMG toolbar active, you can also just kill the femaptmg.exe process, and avoid re-booting.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks Carl. Should've thought of that myself.

If you're a CFD guy, maybe you could help me with my question on the Forum entitled "CFD flow section cut with vector arrows". I received one response, but I don't think that SN really understood the question. I'm trying to arrive at a single slice that shows the actual directions of flow with arrows as in the example below. I've tried all of the different view settings that I think are relevant, but still can't find the answer. I'm hoping that I don't have to buy yet another piece of software to make this happen.

Appreciate any help you could lend.

Dennis

[cid:image001.png@01D02F24.3019A6E0]

Creator
Creator

Hi Dennis,

I was thinking about this when I was trying to run my unlicensed CFD simulation.

There is a way in FEmap to cut/remove some of the mesh from view. I cant quite recall it but there is a tutorial on youtube that goes through meshing re-o bolts into a solid mesh cube. During the tutorial he "cuts" part of it away to demonstrate that it has meshed properly.

That may help.

Brett

Legend
Legend

Hi guys,

this API script may helps you...

remove the ".txt" extension and put it under FEMAPvxxx/api

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Femap-Knowledge-Base/API-Script-to-Hide-or-Show-Entit...

Seif Eddine Naffoussi, Stress Engineer