Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import analysis model with external superelements?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I reduced my model using external superelements, therefore in my analysis file I have:

in the CASE

assign inputt2 = 'body1.op2', unit = 41
assign inputt2 = 'body2.op2', unit = 42
assign inputt2 = 'body3.op2', unit = 43

and in the BULK

include 'residual.blk'

include 'body1.asm'
include 'body2.asm'
include 'body3.asm'

include 'body1.pch'
include 'body2.pch'
include 'body3.pch'

The problem arises when I try to import the file in Femap, because it says "Unable to open file ... ..."

Does it mean it is not possible to import files with superelements?

3 REPLIES

Re: How to import analysis model with external superelements?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You do not want to actually import the external superelement data. In the Femap modfem, just include the "residual" or superelement 0 model. Then in the Analysis Set Manager/Options see the "External superelement Reference". this will open a form for you to pick the files and unit numbers. Now these will be written when you run the residual or system analysis.

extse.PNG

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, thank you for answering.

I tried this way, but when I look at the model window I see only the residual structure and not the boundary points of the superelement (some of them are connected to the residual and some are not, because I need them to read the outputs).

At the moment I solved the problem importing the original structure and creating a group with the residual and the grind in the ASET only. Is there another way?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Here is a link to a video with an example. This in the Femap 11 video.

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/femap/videos/11-0.shtml#lightview%26uri=tcm:102...

You may need to import the boundary nodes from the asm into the residual model. If you try import the entire asm, then you may get messages since some of the data is not directly supported by Femap.

So to view results from the system run with external, you need to make sure all of the nodes are in the modfem before attaching the results.

If it appears that the external is not getting attached in the system run, then I would need to see the input setup and the resulting f04 and f06 files.

Here is a link to the knowledge base to a presentation on this topic

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Femap-Knowledge-Base/FS13-07-Dynamic-Response-with-E...