cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to join meshed solids to a bigger meshed solid surface for stress analysis?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I am trying to do some stress analysis and need help on how to join two or more than two meshed solids together prior to the analysis. 

Thanks

8 REPLIES

Re: How to join meshed solids to a bigger meshed solid surface for stress analysis?

Legend
Legend

Without more info about the model, the best option would be contact with glue option as long as you are not interested in stresses at the area where the glue is being defined. 

Re: How to join meshed solids to a bigger meshed solid surface for stress analysis?

Pioneer
Pioneer
What is I want the stress states near the joints or contacts? Is there a
better or different way to account for this?

Legend
Legend

In this case the meshes should match (conforming mesh). 

Pioneer
Pioneer

Meshes matching in the sense that the element size should be same on every solid?

Legend
Legend

Yes. In this way you can merge the nodes

Pioneer
Pioneer

Suppose I just want to apply constraints on the indicated site(only at the nodes that would typically be under the head screws), how do I accomplish that thing?

Thanks

Legend
Legend

If your are interested just in the overall behaviour of the compoenent (displacemnet and stresses far away from this area) you can fixed simply the whole. 

Legend
Legend

sorry I wanted to say hole not whole