Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing IGES file into Femap 11.3.2

Experimenter
Experimenter

Let me apologize ahead of time.  I am a low end bottom of the totem pole tech support guy for the company I work for.  One of our engineers received a great deal of IGES files that we cannot open.  No matter the file I attempt to open , I get Unable to read Parasolid file. (58).    Happens on all of the files.  

Version of Femap is 11.3.2   Can anyone assist ?

Thanks  

5 REPLIES

Re: Importing IGES file into Femap 11.3.2

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

What is the source of the IGES files? I've had a little experience with IGES files from Catia and you need to set the Customization radio button for Autocad on.

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development

Experimenter
Experimenter
It was generated by another of our offices in the Orient. Looking at an email thread I have been forwarded , it appears as if the file were originally in an aveva format and were converted to IGES.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Any chance you could provide a simple file that we could test to provide you with more information?

Experimenter
Experimenter
I wish. These files are classified as confidential to no be distributed outside of the office.

Creator
Creator

Try importing it into FreeCad (as the name suggest it is free) and if you succeed, you can export to STEP file, and usually that will work nicely with FEMAP.