Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to suppress components when exporting / running an analysis?

Experimenter
Experimenter

I was given a model that I need to run both with and without the existing gap elements. Is there any way to 'suppress' a group of elements (via group, element type, property, etc...) so they do not print out in the analysis deck? I don't want to delete the components since they will be used later, but don't want them imcluded in several of the runs.  I know for this specific case with gap elements I can reduce their stiffness to near-zero so they have minimial impact on the motion but if I want to remove a different component / property can it be done without fully deleting it?

2 REPLIES

Re: Is there any way to suppress components when exporting / running an analysis?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Create a group of the entire model minus the Gap elements and specify that as the Portion of Model to Write in the Bulk Data Options dialog box under the Analysis Set.  Also, set that group as the groups to output in the NASTRAN Output Requests dialog box.

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development

Re: Is there any way to suppress components when exporting / running an analysis?

Experimenter
Experimenter
Great. Thank you Chip.
I knew there had to be an easy way.