Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited file path+name v11.1.1

Phenom
Phenom

Hello,

I'm having a problem which I hope can be fixed: v11.1.1 seems to be limited in the path+name length for included files.

From what I can see the limit is 63 characters. Did previous versions have this limit? Can it be turned off?

Thanks for your help

2 REPLIES

Re: Limited file path+name v11.1.1

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Are you having the problem reading nastran file with long include statement? There was an issue with long includes that did not follow the Nastran required limit of 72 characters. If so, the issue has already been fixed. If you use a valid nastran include statement that wraps to next line, then Femap should be reading that correctly. We are following the same rules as Nastran so there is a limit on the line length, but you can continue on the next line.

See example below from the QRG for valid continuation formats. If this does not adress your problem, please provide an example of your include statement.

Previous versions did ignore this and read the line even when it might not be valid for Nastran.

2. Each line has a 72 character limit. Multiple lines can be used when file names
are long. The entire string must begin and end with the single quote character.
For example,
D:\folder1\folder2\folder3\folder4\folder5\folder6\folder7\folder8\folder9\mydata.dat
can be defined on multiple lines:
INCLUDE ‘D:\folder1\folder2\folder3\folder4\folder5\folder6\folder7\fold

er8\folder9\mydata.dat’

The following input format is also supported:
INCLUDE ‘D:\folder1\folder2\folder3\

folder4\folder5\

folder6\folder\7\

folder8\folder9\mydata.dat’

Re: Limited file path+name v11.1.1

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello

You can also use Long Path Tool to sort out this problem.