Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linear contact between two nodes

Genius
Genius

Is it possible to define linear contact at a single node, in a single direction?

4 REPLIES

Re: Linear contact between two nodes

Phenom
Phenom
There is a way to use the Femap/Nastran SUPORT entry as the boundary condition to create "one way constraint" at a node, ie. free in one direction, fixed on the opposite direction. It's been years since I have used it, and it is supposed to be "obsolete" (not sure why). Anyway, I can only recommend you have a look at the docs, probably the NX Nastran User Guide or Quick Ref guide at the SUPORT entry, and see if it's still there.

Legend
Legend

linear contact between two nodes can be defined using cgap elements. Then you can set in properties under compression high stiffness and in tension no stiffness. If you use then sol101 you must specified cgap as contact. 

Also you can explore options with cbush elements

I hope this is what you were looking for your problem

Genius
Genius
Our FEMAP documentation is in Japanese for some reason! Smiley Happy
Does this solution apply to SOL101?

Phenom
Phenom
Contact your reseller or your IT people to get the correct version installed. Since about version 11.1 the one disk/GTAC download file contains multiple languages and so whoever installs should be able to choose from (at minimum), English, German, Japanese and Chinese.

But to answer your question, using "gaps as contact" or one way constraints, are both supported in SOL101 as an iterative linear solution.