Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing/accessing detailed info in laminate composite data

I am a biggner in FEMAP and try to do a simple example in this program. I am using laminate with three ply. But the problem, I got this reeor massage after analysis the load and costraint. I dont know what means with these error?? Your support or help will be apperaite becuase it will push me :-) I attach my example as a zip file to see it quation10.png

2 REPLIES

Re: Listing/accessing detailed info in laminate composite data

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

In FEMAP's Analysis Manager, under output requests, the "Element Corner Stress" option is on by default.  For isotropic shell elements, this tells NASTRAN to output stress results at both the Centroid of each element, and at its corners.  For laminate elements, this is not an option, NASTRAN is just warning you that you asked for corner results, but you won't be getting them.  A more concerning problem is the message FEMAP outputs during the creation of the NASTRAN input file - "91 Laminate Elements were written with default orientations. Usually laminates require a specified orientation" - this message tells you your elements are using the default 0 degree direction for the laminate baseline.  This may be correct, but you might want to use Modify - Update Elements - Material Orientation and set the default 0 degree direction for the elements, this way you can be sure in the laminate definition, exactly what the 0 degree is.

Re: Listing/accessing detailed info in laminate composite data

Thank you Meshreman for your answer and explianed for my quation. I appreiate your answer and help. Is there an dictionary or explaination for these error in PDF file ? I see that there is an explanation under every error but the problem isnt clear well. Do you have another soulation for that?