Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Meshing nodes with grounded springs

Hello everyone!

How can i make grounded springs in multiple nodes? ( i try to make Winkler's foundation )

Regards
Szymon
2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Szymon
‎11-15-2016 02:17 AM

Re: Meshing nodes with grounded springs

Hello!

Use the macro under CUSTOM TOOLS > MESHING > Create Grounded CBUSH Elements.
This FEMAP API .bas script prompts for an existing CBUSH (Spring/Damper) Property with an Orientation Csys assigned.
Next, the user is prompted to selected node(s) and a coincident node is generated at each selected node location with permanent constraints applied in all six (6) degrees of freedom. A CBUSH element is then generated for every original node selected and its coincident node. 

Alternatively, you can edit the macro and change traditional CBUSH for the new GROUNDED CBUSH, this element is supported in the new FEMAP V11.3.X release:

FEMAPV113-CBUSH-to-ground.png

or even the new GROUNDED CELAS2 spring element:

FEMAPV113-CELAS2-to-ground.png

But since I know the CBUSH elements not onger use the CELASi elements.

The generalized spring-damper element CBUSH is a structural scalar element connecting two noncoincident grid points, or two coincident grid points, or one grid point with an associated PBUSH entry. This combination is valid for any structural solution sequence.

Some of the advantages of using the CBUSH element over CELASi elements is, for example, if you use CELASi elements and the geometry isn’t aligned properly, internal constraints may be induced. The CBUSH element contains all the features of the CELASi elements plus it avoids the internal constraint problem, OK?.

Best regards,
Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/

Re: Meshing nodes with grounded springs

[ Edited ]

Helo

I was afraid that I would have to do it one by one node. 

Thank you Blas

Regards
Szymon