Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NX Nastran Documentation

Where can I access the NX Nastran Release Guides for previous versions of NX Nastran? Is there a documentation depository where we can access all relevant NX Nastran Manuals?

Thank you
9 REPLIES

Re: NX Nastran Documentation

Hello!,
You can find all previous NX Nastran Release Guides from the Documentation area of the Siemens PLM Software Support Site (a webkey account is required).
You can access the on-line documents, including Release Notes, User Guides, README files, Deployment Guides, the international GRIP library, technical newsletters, and other product guides and technical information.
http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/general/documentation.shtml
Best regards,
Blas.

I just have the trial, and I don't think this gives me access to this document depository. Do you know if there is a way trial users can get access besides actually upgrading to the full version?

Hello!,
I don't have the answer, try it using your current webkey and see what happens, only SIMENS GTAC people could help you in this matter.
When you install FEMAP TRIAL you also install NX NASTRAN V8.1 manuals in your computer, simply inside FEMAP go to "HELP > NX NASTRAN" and manuals will appear in your screen.
Best regards,
Blas.

Thanks, I can now access the documentation at the following link.
The release guides don't come with NX Nastran when it is installed on a computer. When signing up for the trial, a "License_Esplmd.txt" is emailed and inside it includes the "Sold-To/Install" and " WebKey Access Code" needed to install the software.
Cheers.

This may seem like a strange question, but why do you need to see all the past release guides for a trial?
With the trial version, you have access to Help | NX Nastran, which gives you about 10,000 pages of documentation, including the current release guide. It also gives a collection of Femap worked examples, plus all the Femap reference documentation. The documentation doesn't really give a full feel for the productive ergonomics of how to run "industrial grade" analyses in Femap, but there is certainly plenty of content.
Are there particular features you want that will help you decide whether Femap with NX Nastran is the capability you need?

[ Edited ]
Hello!,
This is quite strange, I have not installed the TRIAL VERSION then I can not comment for sure, please note the end release includes ALL the NX NASTRAN mananuales in both PDF & HTML format, please anybody from GTAC can confirm that NX NASTRAN HELP is not included in the TRIAL?.
The release guides don't come with NX Nastran when it is installed on a computer.

Remember: load FEMAP, open a model and go to "HELP > NX NASTRAN" and you will see the following picture. I have noted in some users installations that FEMAP HELP is not running OK when more than one Internet browser is installed, for any reason only running OK with WINDOWS INTERNET EXPLORER IE V9. Simply make this browser the favorite going to "TOOLS > OPTIONS > PROGRAMS" and click ON the question to make it the favorite browser.

Best regards,
Blas.

The Femap Trial program only gives you access to to the Femap 45 Day Trial Forum in our online support web site. Is there some reason you need to access prior versions of NX Nastran Manuals? The current (NX Nastran 8.1) and NX Nastran 8 manuals are included with Femap v10.3.1.

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Applications Engineer - Principle
Femap Products Group
Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development

I am trying to do a topology optimization problem like in these videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flH05cIcCzE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NC6jCIUwIw
I am kind of confused as to why i haven't been able to find content on topology optimization in the "NX Nastran 8 Design Sensitivity and Optimization User's Guide." Is the info on topology optimization tucked away somewhere?
edit: It has come to my attention from this brochure http://www.graphit.hu/NX/prospektus/CAE/NX-Topology-Optimization.pdf that Topology is not actually in NX Nastran. It is a separate piece of software that is in the NX suite. That really clarifies alot of my confusion. Thanks for your help, Chip. Smiley Happy

Topology Optimization is an option in Femap with NX Nastran. There is a pdf file under the Femap main installation folder titled "topology.pdf" that can be read directly or through Femap's Help. Unfortunately, you do not have access to this option with the Femap Trial.

If you go to the following link, http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/velocity/femap/demos/index.shtml#lightview%26ur..., you can view a Femap Topology Optimization demo.

The links you listed refer to the Topology Optimization module available in the NX CAE suite.

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development