cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help concerning CFD Analysis using TMG

Builder
Builder

Hello everybody,

I have prepared porous structure and I want to pass the liquid through the pores and calcualte the pressure drop using FEMAP inbuilt TMG Software.

Attached please find the picture of the strcuture. Does anybody advice how can I set the fluid domain in it. I try to perform boolean operation by subtracting it from cube. But it dosen't work it all.

Any support from FEMAP Comminity always matter to me,

Many thanks in adavnce. 

Looking forward to hear from somebody soon.

Kind Regards

Varun

6 REPLIES

Re: Need Help concerning CFD Analysis using TMG

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Is this a snapshot of the mesh on the resulting solid? In addition, does the solid lie within the Parasolid box (+/- 500 meters per side)?  Are you getting any errors when trying to subtract the solid from the cube?

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development

Builder
Builder

Hi Chip,

Thank you for very for your anticiaption.

well this is just the solid body with mesh. I already created the another cube on the top of it and after that I tried to perform boolean but I didn't get anything after subtraction. Yes, it is sort of error.

So my point is how to subtract and how to set fluid domain.

Siemens Phenom

Subtracting a copy of the solid that created the mesh from the cube is a correct procedure.

It's possible the solid you are subtracting has problems.  Did you run the Solid > Geometry > Cleanup command on the solid body?  See the Femap Command manual, Section 3.4.2.24.

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke

Builder
Builder

first I imported the geometry as a parasolid format and after that I run the cleanup geometry option. After that I created the cube and aligned them together. 

and then I performed the soild>geometry>remove option. Unfortuntaly mouse just circulating for hour and nothing comes out.

could you please tell me from where I can found FEMAP Command Manual.

Siemens Phenom

Make a copy of your geometry and slice it into smaller sections, then try subtracting it from the cube.

Femap manuals are in the femap/pdf folder and can be accessed by using the Help menu as well.

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke

Builder
Builder

Hi chip,

well I try to cut the geometry and performed again, but it didn't work out.

I think there must be other way for simplifaction of geometry.