Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem convergence for an compression of tube with sol 601

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

(Sorry in advances for my english)

I am an internship in studies office and i need your help for find the problem of my model. The purpose of this project is to study a compression of a tube (diameter 160mm, height 300mm). For that a have model a cylinder with 2 slab (very rigid) for creating a contact during the displacement (see attachment: model). Conditions limits are : blockage Tz,Ty,Tz,Rx,Ry,Rz for 1 slab and Ty,Tz,Tx other, after i have imposed a displacement  of 120mm. I have also created a contact between all elements.

Problem it's that the calcul stop at 20% of the deform, the solution failled to converge (see the deform in attachment).

I have tried many other CI but the problem is always the same. I think that the problem is in my parameters in NXSTRAT (see my parameters attachment).

Think in advance for your answer.

2 REPLIES

Re: Problem convergence for an compression of tube with sol 601

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

First - in "NXSTRAT interation and convergence" check with "v" the checkbox for "continue if non-positive definite" (upper left cornce in your attached  "parameters" image).

Second - It looks that you have too few elements in the width of the cylinder.

Try the first thing than see where it gets you to. 

Re: Problem convergence for an compression of tube with sol 601

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi

Thanks for your answer.

I have tried with "continue if non-positive definite" but this don't working and the result is totally different ( attachment "result").

After i have already tried with element more small and thit don't change the result, it's can't converge.

The Problem is maybe in parameters of contact?