Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems

N/A
Goodmorning,

in order to instal a 45days trial version of Femap I have choose "trial version" during the installation, is correct?
I am asking that because this version should be without restrictions, but Femap returns me messages as "Model Too Large for Size-Limited License", anyone can help me? Reading this Forum I understand that maybe I will receive an activation e-mail with a "license.dat" that i have to save in the FEMAP directory, is it true? this can be the reason for the error?

Thank you very much.
3 REPLIES

Re: Problems

Innovator
Innovator
Dear Claudio,
As Mark Sherman explained in other post "After registration, you should receive an e-mail with download and installation instructions and a separate e-mail with a license file. In short, you will be given a link to a .exe file that is a single-file installation. You simply run it, and install FEMAP, choose the "Network Client" option during installation. After installation, the license file that gets sent to you is saved in the FEMAP directory (license.dat) and you will be able to run".

Please let us know if you do not receive the license -- thanks!.

Best regards,
Blas.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
No, during installation, choose the "Network Client" option, this tells FEMAP to use FLEXlm licensing. The option you chose is the 300-node trial that has always been available with FEMAP. In lieu of uninstalling and re-installing, run this batch file in the FEMAP directory -

go_network.bat

This will flip FEMAP into FLEXlm licensing. Then, make sure you have copied the license file supplied via e-mail into the FEMAP directory and you should be up and running.

Mark Sherman
FEMAP Development

N/A
No, during installation, choose the "Network Client" option, this tells FEMAP to use FLEXlm licensing. The option you chose is the 300-node trial that has always been available with FEMAP. In lieu of uninstalling and re-installing, run this batch file in the FEMAP directory -

go_network.bat

This will flip FEMAP into FLEXlm licensing. Then, make sure you have copied the license file supplied via e-mail into the FEMAP directory and you should be up and running.

Mark Sherman
FEMAP Development

Goodmorning,

thank's to all for the answers.

I have tryed to run "go_network.bat" but without success, when i run the analysis Femap has returned an error message that tell I'm not autorized for the analysis maybe because I have installed Femap before receive the installation e-mail.

So, in order to not make other mistake... I have logged at http://support.ugs.com/. and I have created a new user account with the WebKey Access Code received, then i have to register my IP adress? and after that i have to click "download files" and what i have to choose after?