Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

PutAllArray method for nodes - Femap API

Hi all,

I am trying to built a tool in Excel-VBA to help me with creating objects in Femap trough API. I am a new to this and struggling to find a fast method to create nodes. I do have a slow node creation method based on femap.fenode object, but this method is very slow for large number of nodes. 

Now I am trying to use the PutAllArray method to try to speed things up, however I cannot get it to work. It does run, but does not create any nodes.

The code I have written in VBA is attached in PutAllArray test.pdf

Also I have included a snip of the excel worksheet where the input is being taken from. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Regards,

Marcel

2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marcel23
‎12-20-2016 01:06 PM

Re: PutAllArray method for nodes - Femap API

Hey Marcel,

I looked through code and I think I found your error. It seems that you have declared all of your input values as arrays, but the FEMAP API does not take arrays. It instead uses Variant objects to pass through arrays of data. Another issue I found is that you seem to be using the word false in your excel sheet and not a boolean value. Make sure that the excel True/False are in there boolean form or instead just use 1 and 0 for true and false respectivley. I fixed your code and attached in it a text file below.

-Andrew

Re: PutAllArray method for nodes - Femap API

Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me out!Smiley Happy It works great now.

Regards,

Marcel