Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RADCAV Card

Creator
Creator

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to modify the RADCAV card fields without having to modify the bulk data in the preview?  Specifically I want to suppress the print/punch of the radiation view factors but I can't find it anywhere in the heat transfer settings.

Cheers,

Nick

3 REPLIES

Re: RADCAV Card

Creator
Creator

In addition to this, I'd like to have some control on the VIEW3D card (again ideally without just modifying it in the deck preview) if anyone knows a way?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Femap does not offer a GUI to modify the NX Nastran these cards, so you will need to manually edit these using the Preview button in the Analysis Manager dialog box.

Since the two cards you want to edit at at the end of the Analysis Set, you can replace these cards with:

VIEW3D         1                                                       1
RADCAV         1                               3

However, in both cases, if the Cavity ID differs, you'll need to replace the first entry in cards with the correct cavity ID.

The API script below is a quick way to get to open the Preview dialog box for a selected Heat Transfer Analysis Set:

The HTML Clipboard

The HTML Clipboard
Sub Main
    Dim App As femap.model
    Set App = feFemap()

Dim rc As femap.zReturnCode

Dim aSet As femap.AnalysisMgr
    Set aSet = App.feAnalysisMgr
    Dim aSetID As Long

SelectAnalysisSet:
    rc = App.feSet.SelectID ( FT_AMGR_DIR, "Select Heat Transfer Analysis Set to Edit", aSetID )
    If rc <> FE_OK Then
        End
    End If

aSet.Get ( aSetID )
    If aSet.AnalysisType = FAT_STEADY_STATE_HEAT Or aSet.AnalysisType = FAT_TRANSIENT_HEAT Then
        aSet.Preview ( aSetID )
    Else
        App.feAppMessageBox ( 0, "Selected Analysis Set is Not a Heat Transfer Set, Reselect" )
        GoTo SelectAnalysisSet
    End If
    aSet.Put ( aSetID )

End Sub

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development

Creator
Creator

Ok thanks Chip. I guessed as much, but thought it would be worth checking. Thanks for the script. As far as I know there is no API entity to edit the preview/deck to perform a find and replace for specific cards but let me know if this is wrong. I'm sure I remember trying to do this a few years back and not managing.

Cheers,

Nick