Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBE2 and RBE3 Identification

Creator
Creator

Hi Experts,

I am new to Femap and have been trying to learn this tool for my work purpose. I have 2 questions,

1. Recently I created few RBE2 and RBE3 elements in my model and now after creation, I want cross check if all the elements are as per my creation or not. I want to see the naming or the type displayed along side my elements. (Just like turning on the DOF for rigids). How do I do this?

2. How to check the mesh intersection if I just have the meshed model?

Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES

Re: RBE2 and RBE3 Identification

Legend
Legend

Hi,

an easy way to identify RBE2 and RBE3 is to use an existing API under custom tools / elements update/ Set separate colors for RBE2 (Red) and RBE3 (Blue).

custom tools.PNG

Seifeddine Naffoussi

Genius
Genius

It surprises me that the Object Info window doesn't differentiate between RBE2 and RBE3 elements.

Creator
Creator
Hi,

Thanks for the solution. This is much better!!!!!
Do you have any solution/suggestions for the second problem?

Legend
Legend

Bhargava,

You're welcome. For the second question, it is not clear. Do you means how to merge coincident nodes? avoid free edges? connect plates? Then you can go to tools / check / coincident nodes; Define the tolerance and preview coincident nodes. If that suits you, click ok.

Seifeddine Naffoussi

Creator
Creator

I have one surface whose few elements are touching the elements of the other meshed surface. The number of elements are random and too many to manually find. Do we have any method to find the elements using a command/operation in femap?

Genius
Genius

Press F5 and select free element edges.

Legend
Legend

You can also show elements + free edges at the same time under view options using view, draw model options:

View Options.PNG

Seifeddine Naffoussi

Creator
Creator
SN, Kava,

I have one surface whose few elements are touching the elements of the other meshed surface. The number of elements are random and too many to manually find. Do we have any method to find the elements using a command/operation in femap? Free edges is not working for this.

Legend
Legend

List / Model / Element / using nodes

Seifeddine Naffoussi