Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBE2 relationship with geometry preservation after mesh update

Dear all,

I have a geometry with an RB2 element (for example the bolt modelling). I need to update various time the mesh, that is associated to the geometry.

Is possible to create an associativity beetween surface and rbe2 element that permit to update automatically this element after these change?

Best regards

Stefano

6 REPLIES

Re: RBE2 relationship with geometry preservation after mesh update

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

This is implemented in the current shipping FEMAP.  Meshing Toolbox changes will auto update rigid element connected to the nodes of curve and surfaces.

Mark.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Can you add mesh points to the surface at the location of the RBE2 nodes?  This option is in the menu at Mesh/Mesh control/Mesh points on surface.  Each time you remesh the surface, it will have nodes located at the prescribed mesh points and they will connect to the RBE2 when you merge nodes.  This should work as long as the nodes are not on the surface edge.

Siemens Phenom

I wanted to emphasize that in geometry associated mesehing, in the most recent version of FEMAP, this is 100% automatic, you don't have to do anything, but use the Meshing Toolbox to make updates, and connected rigid elements will update as well, please take a look at this video -

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Dear Mark,

thanks for your reply  but the video is not available. Can you please upload again?

Best regards

Stefano

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sorry, but I would like to add that the RBE3 elements change automatically after the grid is changed automatically. This leads to error, you have to edit all the elements with your hands.

(view in My Videos)

Siemens Phenom

RBE3 support, as along as all Independent nodes have the same DOF's and factors, will be in the soon to be released v11.4.2.

Mark.