cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing reference groups

Experimenter
Experimenter

When you construct a reference group, you can select a set of existing groups to reside in the reference group. To help illustrate my question, lets assume that I added "Group 1" and "Group 2" to the reference group "Reference Group". Now, if I were to go into "Group 1" and modifiy something, there is no effect on "Reference Group" (even though "Group 1" is a child group of "Reference Group"). Is there a way to force the reference group to refresh when one of its child groups change?

2 REPLIES

Re: Refreshing reference groups

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The "parent" group should be automatically updated when you update any of the referenced groups. How are you determining that it isn't?  What commands or process are you using to update the "child" groups or look at the "parent" group?   Is this in the FEMAP UI or via API?

Re: Refreshing reference groups

Experimenter
Experimenter

How are you determining that it isn't? 

For the model I am working on, I modified the boundary conditions in one of the child groups, but these boundary conditions did not propagate up to the parent group.

What commands or process are you using to update the "child" groups or look at the "parent" group?

I haven't done anything to invoke the update of the parent group. Essentially, I make the change in the child group and then switch my active group over to the parent group. Is there something I need to do to force the update of the parent group?

Is this in the FEMAP UI or via API?

This is in the FEMAP GUI.

Interestingly, in another model I was working in, the parent group updated properly when I modified the child group.