I'm running a model in which I have a bolt preload and several load cases, which I'd like to run one case at a time. Is it possible to run the bolt preload only, save those results, and reuse them on subsequent Nastran runs?
Nastran does not allow restarts with boltloads or contact. See the following in the QRG under the BOLTLD case control command:
1. Bolt preload is supported in SOLs 101, 103, 105, 107 through 112, 401, and 601.
2. Bolt preload is not supported in a solution RESTART.
3. The following remarks appy to SOLs 101, 103, 105, 107 through 112.
• Subcases with BOLTLD case control commands should be either the first or
• In SOLs 101, 103, 105, 107 through 112, for the special case where the
sparse solver is used, the model does not contain contact, and the keyword
scratch = yes, BOLTLD case control commands in the subcases must be