Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrolling issue when selecting entities (Windows 10)

Legend
Legend

Dear Femap developers,

We've recently upgraded to windows 10 and we noticed one small issue - scrolling (mouse wheel) during selection command does not work. In windows 7 it works fine.

scrolling.png

My colleagues found a way to make working. They run context menu and execute visibility option. After closing the visibility dialog scrolling starts to work.

visibility.png

We would be very appreciated if this issue can be solved in newer updates. Also we understand that it can be very specific issue related to operation system. 

By solving this issue you will make few engineers happy!

Yarko

11 REPLIES

Re: Scrolling issue when selecting entities (Windows 10)

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Dear Yarko,

In fact, I can repeat the problem, but I didin't notice it because I run a 3-D Mouse and I do not use at all the scroll-wheel mouse for zooming. Using the 3-D mouse I am able to zoom-in/out the FEMAP model during element selection ...

By the way, for all FEMAP users I strongly recommend to use a 3-D mouse to the left hand side additionally to regular mouse in the right, you will realize that life is another history!!.

Best regards,

Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/

Legend
Legend

Dear Blas,

Thank you for the advice. We will consider using 3D mouse in our work. 

Yarko

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Oh yes!  A 3D pointing device makes life so much easier.  I use an Astroid with Solid Edge and was pleasantly surprised when I discovered the Astroid also worked with Femap without any explicit configuring from the very first time I installed Femap!

Legend
Legend

Thank you Chris for the advice. I see 3D mouse is quite popular. We are now considering to purchase. But still would be nice if it works also with usual mouse.

Yarko

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Dear Jarko,

If I click simultaneously the Ctrl key and press the mouse wheel and I move the regular mouse in the screen then I am doing zoom-in/zoom-out. Instead if a press SHIFT key + pressing the mouse wheel then I do PAN.

I suppose this is consequence of the options selected under FILE > PREFERENCES > USER INTERFACE > MOUSE INTERFACE command ...

mouse-wheel.png

I run here the 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator 3-D mouse and is great!, the price is nothing compared with the benefits.

Best regards,

Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/

Legend
Legend

Hi Jarko,

I have a 3D Mouse, but I use often

Middle Mouse Button to Rotating around View Center

Ctrl + Middle Mouse Button to zoom (moving mouse up or down),

Ctrl + Shift + Middle Mouse Button to pan (it works without Ctrl too).

3D Mouse sometimes too fast, too sensitive, and with this way I press Ctrl instantly to zoom or pan, and when I want to pan I simple press the key Shift too. So work for example our CAD System, the Solid Edge too, and I can so pan, rotate or zoom faster and more precise as with 3D Mouse. In my Case the Preference settings are the followings:

Vágólap01.jpg

Best regards,

Peter Kaderasz

Legend
Legend

Thank you Blas, I've shared your solution with my colleagues. Also I've checked mouse you suggested. It indeed cost only 99EUR. 

Yarko

Legend
Legend

Thank you Peter for your suggestions. We will test your options.

Yarko

Creator
Creator

Has anyone been having an issue when buggy 3D mouse usage? For us at my job it tends to jump around a lot, so you can be moving the part along at one speed and all the sudden to oves 100x faster. It gets very frustrating to deal with.