Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Bug with Label Font

Legend
Legend

Dear Femap developers,

I've noticed small issue with label fonts. In View Options (F6) in Label Font options same fonts are 2 times LucidaHandwriting and CourierNew.

femap_font_issue.png

Not cruical issue but a bit confusing. We would like to use list of fonts in our tool.

Yarko

11 REPLIES

Re: Small Bug with Label Font

Legend
Legend
Hi,

I am using Femap 11.1 and I don't have this issue.
Seifeddine Naffoussi

Legend
Legend

Hello,

I've checked and I see this issue in v11.0, 11.1 and 11.2. In version 10.2 everything is OK.

I'm going to donwload and install 11.2.2 and check if it's there.

Yarko

Legend
Legend

Hello,

in Femap v11.2.1 everything is OK with Labels.

14-20..Courier New

49-55..Lucida Handwriting

56-62 MS UI Gothic

63-69..MS Mincho

Best regards,

Peter Kaderasz

Legend
Legend

Thank you all for checking.

I'm using Windows 10 and there this problem appears. I've check with my colleagues who are using Windows 7 and it's fine. 

But all who are using Windows 10 have the same issue. 

Yarko

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

This is not a "bug" it is simply the way FEMAP currently selects fonts for the graphics windows. For each of the ranges of font sizes FEMAP has a list of a few fonts that it will consider using. Normally the fonts in these lists are of similar styles, pitch characteristics, etc.. This allows us to move models from machine to machine and from Operating System to Operating System.. where there are different fonts installed ... and still get a similar looking result graphically. What can happen though is what you are seeing. If one or more fonts are missing from your system, selection will drop down the list and pick the first one it can find. In some cases the same font is in multiple lists... just at different "depths" into the list... however if all of the ones in front of it are missing it can be selected multiple times. This is why some people report "no problem", while at the same time you see this issue.Hopefully this is not too big of an issue for you.

Siemens Phenom

I forgot to mention, v11.2.2 will certainly be the same result you are seeing as it has already shipped with the same code. I will look into seeing if we can make some adjustments in the selection process for v11.3 to accomodate the fonts installed with Windows 10.

Legend
Legend
Dear Grudy,

We are developing add-on on top of Femap and I wanted to include list of fonts that user can select one and then I was a bit confused with the list.

I called this not a bug but small issue. Now I understand that Femap select fonts dynamically base on system. Maybe you know if it possible to get a list using API?

Thank you, Yarko.

Siemens Phenom

Unfortunately that font name information is not exposed in the API.

Legend
Legend

Clear, thank you for all the explanation.