cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Steel Profile Selector (European, British, American - I, W, C, L, Pipe, box sections)

Creator
Creator

Dear FEMAP enthusiasts,

I have created the attached shape selector program. It allows you to add standard beam profiles to your FEMAP model. When launching the program, it will show a new side pane in your FEMAP window: 

prof selector.jpg

Double click on the info tree item to get similar pop-up window, and select one or more items to add.

Form2.jpg

(You can add more items to the .CSV files in the sub folders in case you want to customize it.)

Add a launcher to your toolbars, or add the following API macro to your FEMAP\API folder (edit your file path as necessary):

Sub Main()
Dim femap As Object

Dim rc As Long
Dim FilePath As String

Set femap = GetObject(, "femap.model")

'Full path to Profile_Selector_v1.exe (EDIT AS NEEDED !!!!!)
rc = femap.feFileExecute ("C:\FEMAPv112\api\Profile_Selector\Profile_Selector_v1.exe", False)

End Sub

The new properties will show up in your model info tree (with the selected material and database units):

newprop.jpg

3 REPLIES

Re: Standard Steel Profile Selector (European, British, American - I, W, C, L, Pipe, box sections)

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Dear Barabas,

Good job, congratulations, surely this API will be useful for many FEMAP users!!.

Best regards,
Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/

Re: Standard Steel Profile Selector (European, British, American - I, W, C, L, Pipe, box sections)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have loaded your usefull API macro, but if I use , (comma) as decimal separator all the number in your data table with point as decimal separator is converted to integer so i.e. 8.5 mm become 85 mm. I will try to convert your API to use , comma as decimal separator.

Best Regards

AMinati

Creator
Creator

Hi, I think it could be connected to your regional language setting is windows (I don't have similar issue). My setup is as follows:

Untitled 1.jpg

Check your decimal symbol and list separator (should be . dot and , coma).

When you open the CSV files (in a text editor) you should see decimal dots, and comas as list separator.