Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Standard Steel Profile Selector (European, British, American - I, W, C, L, Pipe, box sections)

[ Edited ]

Dear FEMAP enthusiasts,

I have created the attached shape selector program. It allows you to add standard beam profiles to your FEMAP model. When launching the program, it will show a new side pane in your FEMAP window: 

prof selector.jpg

Double click on the info tree item to get similar pop-up window, and select one or more items to add.

Form2.jpg

(You can add more items to the .CSV files in the sub folders in case you want to customize it.)

Add a launcher to your toolbars, or add the following API macro to your FEMAP\API folder (edit your file path as necessary):

Sub Main()
Dim femap As Object

Dim rc As Long
Dim FilePath As String

Set femap = GetObject(, "femap.model")

'Full path to Profile_Selector_v1.exe (EDIT AS NEEDED !!!!!)
rc = femap.feFileExecute ("C:\FEMAPv112\api\Profile_Selector\Profile_Selector_v1.exe", False)

End Sub

The new properties will show up in your model info tree (with the selected material and database units):

newprop.jpg

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author PBarabas
‎04-11-2017 07:50 AM

Re: Standard Steel Profile Selector (European, British, American - I, W, C, L, Pipe, box sections)

Dear Barabas,

Good job, congratulations, surely this API will be useful for many FEMAP users!!.

Best regards,
Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/

Re: Standard Steel Profile Selector (European, British, American - I, W, C, L, Pipe, box sections)

I have loaded your usefull API macro, but if I use , (comma) as decimal separator all the number in your data table with point as decimal separator is converted to integer so i.e. 8.5 mm become 85 mm. I will try to convert your API to use , comma as decimal separator.

Best Regards

AMinati
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author PBarabas
‎04-11-2017 07:50 AM

[ Edited ]

Hi, I think it could be connected to your regional language setting is windows (I don't have similar issue). My setup is as follows:

Untitled 1.jpg

Check your decimal symbol and list separator (should be . dot and , coma).

When you open the CSV files (in a text editor) you should see decimal dots, and comas as list separator.