Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Stress scale for display

Hi,

I am fairly new to FEMAP but I got a question. I have a model that is in metric (meters,N, Pa) so my stress results are in Pa. Is there a way to put a scale number (1000) or (1000000) so you can have your stress display in MPa or KPa just because in Pa you got 9 digit numbers.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author FouadE
4 weeks ago

Re: Stress scale for display

Hello FouadE,

I think the simpiest way to using units N - mm - s. So your stress results will be MPa. See the following:

Units.jpg

Best regards

Peter Kaderasz

The model I am working on is an exisiting model that I am adding to. I wasn't sure if there was an easy way to manipulate the stress contour display to show less digits.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author FouadE
4 weeks ago

You can create a scaled output set via a Result Set Processing Combination Output Set in the Data Surface Editor pane.

Set the scale factor to 1e-6 to convert PA to MPa.  Note that all output vectors in this output set will be scaled by that factor including displacements and forces.

An example of the steps needed are shown below.  Note that you will have to open the Data Surface Editor pane for this.

2017-04-26_9-49-21.jpg2017-04-26_9-51-25.jpg2017-04-26_9-55-13.jpg2017-04-26_9-55-49.jpg2017-04-26_9-56-16.jpg

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development