Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermal Transient Analysis

Creator
Creator

Hello Community,

Can you help me with my problem?

I have an Assembly, https://www.dropbox.com/s/wje9h0nh09vhzfx/assieme2d.x_b?dl=0 (you can download it if you want), in which the biggest part is in thermal expansion.

The thermal expansion must be a Thermal Transient Analysis because i want to study the displacements and the stresses inducted by temperature of this plate in time.

During the expansion the central part is forced, thanks to the little bridges, to have an expansion too (the aim of the study is to study the stresses inducted in the central zone by the expansion of the first one), so i need to convert the results of the thermal transient analysis in useful data for an Advanced Non Linear Static Analysis.

Is it possible to use the whole outputs data form the Thermal Analysis as a load for the NL Analysis just like the thermal static analysis?

I hope to be clear.

Thanks in Advance

Pietro Fierro

5 REPLIES

Re: Thermal Transient Analysis

Legend
Legend

Hi Pietro,

You can export nodal temperature from your thermal transient analysis then use the "Aribtrary 3-D Data Surface" from the Data Surface Editor un Femap.

I guess in you thermal model the elements size is coarse and in the NL static is finer? Then the above command is useful for mapping and loading the data based on the arbitrary coordinates.

Have a look to the following Femap help section to learn more:

Home > Commands > 7. Modeling Tools > 7.2 Dockable Panes > 7.2.6 Tools, Data Surface Editor > 7.2.6.1 Data Surface Definition Methods

Regards,

Seifeddine Naffoussi

Creator
Creator

Dear Seifeddine,

thanks for your reply, unfortunatly I tryed to use this approach but the result is an error message that I can't fix. 

What do you think is the cause? 

Regards

Pietro Fierroerror.png

Legend
Legend

Can you drop your model? I can't see the fatal error message. What loads are you applying to your model?

Regards,

Seifeddine Naffoussi

Creator
Creator

I'm trying to upload the file but it's too big, I need of 1 hour at least to generate a link.

The fatal error can be read in the following image, for the constraints I used sliding symmetry contraints either on the surfaces and the bridges.ferror.png

Creator
Creator

I uploaded the file, you can find int in the following link :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14m_-rZAqmAzGC5ehecOmIGW8uZ_uOkhm

Regards

Pietro Fierro