Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time taken for problem convergence

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

Please refer to the attached images. The solution converged for 90% of the applied load in 40 minutes and after that it has taken 80 minutes to find convergence for the remaining 10% load and yet not converged. Can I somehow stop this and read the results for the converged steps? In general, are there some analysis settings which can be set in such a way that such situations are avoided?

Thanks,

Su

1 REPLY

Re: Time taken for problem convergence

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Unfortunately, once a run has started, there is no way to pause it and change anything. You only have 2 choices really, let it finish, and make adjustments to iteration strategy or load increments for your next run. Or kill the run and make adjustments based on what you see in the convergence summary.

 

Regards,

 

Joe