Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent contour limits in FEMAP

Genius
Genius

I'd like to show all overloaded points in my model in one screenshot. In other packages, it is possible to say that all stress under/over a certain level is transparent, so that you can see through to other previously obscured portions of the model which are also overloaded.

http://www.strand7.com/News.St7/didyouknow.htm#dyk0004

It this possible in FEMAP? It would be a great future feature if not.

3 REPLIES

Re: Transparent contour limits in FEMAP

Legend
Legend

Hi Kava,

This is easily feasible in Femap.

Press F6 / Post-Processing / Contour / Criteria Levels

Under Level Mode select 2..Max Min

Under Contour Palette select 1..User Palette. Then click on Set Levels... / User Palette...

F6.PNG

USer Palet.PNG

Now you can read this portion of the Femap Help to create your personal palette.

User Defined Palette.PNG

Regards,

Seifeddine Naffoussi

Genius
Genius

The last dialog depicted doesn't allow me to select a transparency level. I click on the various transparencies and nothing changes - it stays on 100% opaque.

Genius
Genius

Another user (Nagaraj) presented what I believe is a work-around that kindof mimics what I was looking for.

---------------------------------------------

Hi,

I didn't quite understand your question entirely, but if you are asking is there a way in Femap to plot only elements whose stress values are above a certain criteria (in your case Fty i.e. Yield), then the answer is Yes. Use the Criteria method in post-processing under Contour-> Style->Criteria. There you should find an option to set limits. I have included a picture to illustrate the above.

Untitled.png

In my case, I have selected the method as "Above Max" and set the value as 1300. Only elements whose stress value is above 1300 is displayed by Femap. 

Similarly, you can set the limit value as Fty (or Sy) and plot only elements who Von Mises values exceed the criteria. 

Hope the above helps.