Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial Version Femap: "No Data Available for Post Processing" -- unable to view stress fields

Creator
Creator

I'm test driving the 45 day free trial of FEMAP.  I've run a static analysis of this assembly and can't see the stress plots once it's finished.  Is this model too large for the trial version?

(view in My Videos)

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES

Re: Trial Version Femap: "No Data Available for Post Processing" -- unable to view stress

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

From your snapshot, it shows the latest Output Set ID is 42.  Is that the Output Set you specified for Post Processing?

Also, if you had previously run a Linear Statics analysis and specified a stress Output Vector for display, and the new Output Set is from a Normal Modes or Heat Transfer analysis, you will not have that stress Output Vector available for display, so you'll need to respecify a new Output Vector.

The fastest way to activate an Output Set is via the Model Info pane, where you expand the Output Set object tree, right-click on the Output Set you selected, then select Activate from the menu.

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development

Re: Trial Version Femap: "No Data Available for Post Processing" -- unable to view stress

Creator
Creator

qtr Widget Assembly 6.zip

Mr. Chip,

Verified the correct output was activated. Seems o.k. to me. Ran it again
and got the same results. I've attached the file here but it's rather
large. Let me know if you can get into it.

Thanks,

bd

Creator
Creator

qtr Widget Assembly 6.zip

Mr. Chip,

Verified the correct output was activated. Seems o.k. to me. Ran it again
and got the same results. I've attached the file here but it's rather
large. Let me know if you can get into it.

Thanks,

bd

Siemens Phenom

The file cannot open, probably due to the embedded spaces in the file name.  Please remove the embedded spaces in the file name and repost it.

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke

Creator
Creator

Siemens Phenom

The file is too large for our forum.  Please delete all the output sets, run the File > Rebuild command on the model, save it with a different name, then zip it up without any blanks in the zip file name and post it.

In the mean time, perform the following two (2) checks:

1)  Verify that your Analysis Sets have Boundary Conditions assigned as well as Output Requests as shown below:

2017-07-05_19-12-07.jpg

2) In the PostProcessing toolbox, click the Select Output Vector icon, and that should list all of the Output Vectors available for the Output Set as shown below:

2017-07-05_19-16-47.jpg

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke

Creator
Creator

that's it!  had to go into post toolbox and tell it to output von mises.

muchos gracias!

bd