Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trick how to change Show Labels or Show Normals options during Entity Selection

Legend
Legend

Hello,

I found a way how to change Show Labels or Show Normals options during entity selection (I didn't find official way):

Entity Selection Box Preview - Show Labels OFFEntity Selection Box Preview - Show Labels OFF

The Show When Selected icon in Model Info Pane is disabled by default, but I can click during entity selection to Visibility icon or run Visibility... right mouse command. After closing Visibility command without any changes, the Show When Selected icon in Model Info Pane will be enabled, and I can use Show Labels and Show Normals command:

Model Info Pane Show When Selected commandModel Info Pane Show When Selected command

After setting Show Labels to OFF then setting in Entity Selection Box Preview to OFF and newly ON, the labels will be disappeared:

Setting Show Labels OFFSetting Show Labels OFF

Preview without LabelsPreview without Labels

Similarly changing the Show Normals from OFF to ON:

Selecting Surface with Show Normals OFFSelecting Surface with Show Normals OFF

Running and closing Visibility command, and changing Show Normals option to ON:

Changing Show Normals to ONChanging Show Normals to ON

Setting in Entity Selection Dialog Box the Preview to OFF and ON:

Surface selection with Show Normals ONSurface selection with Show Normals ON

I think this can be useful when you select a lot of entities, and you would like to change these settings.

Best regards

Peter Kaderasz

2 REPLIES

Re: Trick how to change Show Labels or Show Normals options during Entity Selection

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Dear Peter,

This is part of the philosophy of FEMAP, most of the items under MODEL INFO panel are selectable during another command, for example, during entity selection you can scroll mouse wheel in the Model Info Tree and surf where you need, for instance, set ON/OFF any LAYER, etc.., This was a WISHLIST years ago, and the FEMAP guys heard us!!.

Best regards,

Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/

Re: Trick how to change Show Labels or Show Normals options during Entity Selection

Legend
Legend

Hello Blas,

you are right, but during entity selection the Show When Selected icon in Model Info pane is disabled (and other icons too), and it isn't official way to changing Show Labels and Show Normals options during entity selection. Only in Check Coincident Nodes command Preview can you change Show Labels option locally with Label with ID checkbox.

Best regards

Peter Kaderasz