Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove elements based on "Shape" from a group

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have a group with some fastener connections. I need to remove all quad elements from the group and i somehow am unable to do that. I tried Group---Element---Shape--remove but it doesnt work.

2 REPLIES

Re: Unable to remove elements based on "Shape" from a group

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Have you tried "exclude" instead of "remove"?

Most likely the elements are still present because there is another critiera taking control; i.e. it's later in the list than your "remove" request.

From the help file:

Add, Remove, Exclude:

These options control whether the next entity will be added to, or subtracted from, the list of selected entities. The default is always to add entities to the list. The Add and Remove options are order dependent. If you remove an entity, and then later add it again, the entity will be included in the list since the add occurred last. The Exclude option is the same as Remove, except that it is not order dependent. If you exclude an entity, and then later add it, it will not be included in the list no matter how many times you attempt to add it. Any of the options can be chosen any number of times, even for the same entity. For example, you can add the same entity 10 times if you want, although it will be treated just as if you had added the entity one time.

When entities are shown in the selection list, the first character indicates whether that entry adds, removes or excludes the entity. All added entities will be preceded by a +. “Remove” selections are indicated by a - and “Exclude” selections by an x.

Re: Unable to remove elements based on "Shape" from a group

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for the information. I tried exclude and it worked.