cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undoing Unzip Function

Pioneer
Pioneer

I thought I needed to separate a bunch of nodes/elements and create a free edge. I used the option Mesh -> Connect ->Unzip ->None options to create "a free edge".

01.pngResult of Unzip FunctionResult of Unzip Function

Up on further analysis, it seems like the free edge is no longer required and I need to merge nodes. I am not able to do the same. I tried Check->Coincident Nodes option but I get a message "No nodes found". 

How do I accomplish the above?

Thx

3 REPLIES

Re: Undoing Unzip Function

Pioneer
Pioneer

Folks,

Any help in resolving the issue I am having? It seems like unzip option has created a free edge with only one set of nodes common between the two adjacent elements. I am not sure how that is possible. 

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello!,

The UNZIP command run correctly, I have tested, then is a local problem of your FEMAP model: increase DEFAULT MERGE TOLERANCE, or post your model here to investigate.

Please note by default nodes which are associated with surfaces which have Connector between them will not merged. This is to make sure you do not mistakenly merge nodes across Connectors which could alter the definition of Connec­tion Regions, and potentially create problems with some solvers.

Also please note by default, nodes which have different output coordinate systems defined will not merged. The Merge Across Out­put CSys option allows nodes to be merged with different output coordinate systems.

Best regards,
Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Blas,

Thx for the increasing the tolerance suggestion. Seems like its working. I did not check for other regions of the model with issues...but it should work. Very tired after traveling/driving continuously on hot day in bad traffic!