Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

analysis error

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

hi all,

io am trying to do static analysis of an assembly,

when i solve i ma getting error in the image, please help why these error are coming?. i checked in help also i am not able to understand.

please help me?

analysis_error.JPG

6 REPLIES

Re: analysis error

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Siemens Phenom

The error message has something to do with bad elements, Nastran is failing while trying to create the element stiffness.

You should check element quality first, look for for poorly shaped elements. If you do not find a bad mesh with poor element geometry, then the issue could be with your property or material input. 

Also, inspect the complete f06 file with a text editor for any possible warning messages that might be clues.

Regards,

Joe

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ensure this tick box is on under NASTRAN GEOMCHECK:

NOGO Error.png

Frequently is an issue after doing a series of mesh refinements

Siemens Phenom

Turning off the element quality checks as suggested is not likely to correct the error unless you actually see messages like the following in the f06.

*** USER INFORMATION MESSAGE 7555 (GMTSTD)
FINITE ELEMENT GEOMETRY CHECK RESULTS EXCEED TOLERANCE LEVELS FOR THE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS.
USER ACTION: USE THE GEOMCHECK (EXECUTIVE CONTROL STATEMENT) KEYWORD=VALUE TO CHANGE TOLERANCE VALUES IF DESIRED.

TOLERANCE LIMITS ARE: SKEW = 10.00, IA(MAX) = 160.00 (xxxx = LIMIT VIOLATED)
ELEMENT TYPE ID SKEW ANGLE MAX INT. ANGLE
TRIA3 415 4.00 xxxx 96.42
TRIA3 416 4.12 xxxx 93.20

In your case, it appears the error is coming from the module in Nastran that creates the element stiffness. The failure is likely due to the combination of geometry(which was not fatal by itself) and the actual material and property inputs.

Regards,

Joe

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

...which is the message sheeharasha1 had.  Message 7555 = "FINITE ELEMENT GEOMETRY CHECK RESULTS EXCEED"

3rd line from the bottom in their orignal pic:

msg 7555.png

Still need to do you qual. checks, thou. 

I've seen this enough in our office when helping others, I suspect that's what's happend.  Hopefully shreeharsha1 comes back to let us know.

Builder
Builder

I have the same problem with my geometry. I assume it is because of bad elements. I might help you with mesh refinement. Would you like to share your model?