Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

api-feCheckSumForces2

Legend
Legend

I am using feCheckSumForces2 to check the total balance. I will try to explain the problem. I load through programming a pressure on surfaces. I can see these pressure loads in the tree under other loads> on geometry.

When I evaluate with feCheckSumForces2 it does evaluate this pressure values. But if I use auto create defintion inside FEMAP the the loads "go" to "loads in the FEMAP tree" and the feCheckSumForces2 works. The point is that this "auto create definition" can be done just manually inisde FEMAAP . Is there any possibilty to do it through any object. I have to done it several times and I would like to make it automatically.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES

Re: api-feCheckSumForces2

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

When you call feCheckSumForces2, are you setting the 2nd argument to "True"?  This flag determines if Geometry based loads are "expanded" into elemental pressures and added to the calculation.

Mark.

Legend
Legend

Dear masherman,

Thank you for your feedback.I have attahced a picture where it can seen that haiw the data surafce is evaluated but then in the lisitng of forces under pressure force nothing is written (only body loads). It can be seen also the loads on geometry. If I  make this geometry loads "autocreate definition" with the mouse right bottom the loads go to load defintions and the fechecksumforces evaluates and then writes under pressure force the values.

And yes the setting of all parameters fechecksumforces2 are "true". I have check several options also.

Any idea of what it is happening?. Is there any option in API to pass the loads on geometry to load definitions?

Regards,

Jon

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Please send me the model, I'd like to take a closer look at this -

sherman dot mark at siemens dot com

Mark.

Legend
Legend

No problem. I attached the files. the modfem and the macro. I am launching macro from excel visual basic.

I hope everything works  (I have tried it and eveything goes ok) beacuse I selected just the part of interest to try the fechecksumforces2

Legend
Legend

Hello,

I think it works with the following correction (when useSETS = False):

rc = femap.feCheckSumForces2(True, True, True, False, 0, 0, -LoadSet.Active, basepoint, 0, summedforces)

Best regards,

Peter Kaderasz

Legend
Legend
Dear Peter,

Thanks. Now it works. I thought that this flag should be true because I was
using "loaddefSET" later on

Jon