Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

create surface in Femap

Dear all,

I am a new user of Femap, I am here asking for help.

When I use (15000,9000,0) (25000,9000,0) (15000,-9000,0) (25000,-9000,0) these four points to create a surface in Femap v10 32-bit, why only the four surface edge lines appear?But the surface actually been created cause when I use delete surface command, it actually been deleted? This really confuse me. Anyone can help?

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sonofocean
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: create surface in Femap

Hi, 

Go to File / Preference / Geometry/Model / Under Geometry Preferences / Solid Geometry Scale Factor / Choose Millimeters (I guess this is the unit you are using) Hit OK and Close Femap (to take into account this preference change).

Re-Open Femap and start creating your surface using corners. 

To avoid "Twisted Element or Region" Message you need to invert the creation order of the third ad fourth points. 

Regards,

Seif Eddine Naffoussi, Stress Engineer

Dear Seif,

Problem solved, much appreciate for your help!

Best Regards

Wang Jifa

SN wrote:

Hi, 

Go to File / Preference / Geometry/Model / Under Geometry Preferences / Solid Geometry Scale Factor / Choose Millimeters (I guess this is the unit you are using) Hit OK and Close Femap (to take into account this preference change).

Re-Open Femap and start creating your surface using corners. 

To avoid "Twisted Element or Region" Message you need to invert the creation order of the third ad fourth points. 

Regards,

You welcome 

Seif Eddine Naffoussi, Stress Engineer