Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

elements colors

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I would like color the elements in different parts in different colors (also in order to diferentiate between the parts in the assembly in the pos processing), the only "good"option I have now is to use different property for each part in the model (altough they use the exact same material and properties) and this way I can color each property in a different color.

Is there a better way to do it?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author assafw
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: elements colors

Hello,

The concept of "parts" is interesting in FEModels, and answers to your question depend on how you manage these "parts".
One root idea is to color by groups (or layers), using for example the macro I've attached.

The question then becomes how do you quickly generate groups per part?

0) you can systematically save a modfem and keep groups as you go

1) if you use a dat/bulk text file structure, where each part is a separate bulk file, then FEMAP can automatically create groups on import using the 'include' statement

2) FEMAP can generate groups quickly using for example geometric breaks for 2D mesh, which will sometimes coincide with parts. Checkout all the Group > Operations > Generate commands

3) if that still isn't enough macros exist which recreate the notion of part, based on certain hypotheses. For example I usually seperate parts with CBUSH elements to have acces to interface forces, therefore my macro can "spread" through my model and deduce the different parts.

Hope this helps!

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Creating groups is not an issue (really easy in FEMAP), but I couldnt find in FEMAP the option to color elements based on groups, I only found element color based on entity, layer, propery and material (under view options>category labels, entities and color>Element>color mode). I didnt see color by groups option (and inside groups I didnt see option to change color for each group).

Thanks.

Hello @assafw ,

If you want to color the elements by group, you have to use the command modify \ color \ elements. Then click the "Random" button and you will see the following window:

From there you can choose the "Multiple Colors by group" option. Make sure the element color mode in the View options is based on Entity Colors.

That's it !

Simply use the Macro astrium provided to you. To add it in your custom tools, Just copy and past it in the C:\FEMAPvxxx\api. Then go to custom tools under Femap and click on it and you are done. 

Regards,

SN

Seif Eddine Naffoussi, Stress Engineer