Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find, blank , vector in contour

N/A
1.How to find and show entities in display, i,e. No 1 node.
2.How to blank portion of model besides using group?
3. What is a meaning of the magnitude of a vector in contour and how to find its direction?
Thank you for your support.
Rachel
3 REPLIES

Re: find, blank , vector in contour

Innovator
Innovator
Dear Rachel,
1.- Use "Window > Show Entities ..". Make sure to activate "SHOW LABELS" in the "highlighter" icon on top of MODEL INFO
2.- In the MODEL INFO you can click in the square icon on the left of any field to activate the "Hide All, Show All, ...etc..". But I suggest to use LAYERS, in my opinion this is the best method in FEMAP to arange your FE model, I left GROUPS for postprocessing only, not for model creation.
3.- I don't understand this point, please explain better.

Best regards,
Blas.

N/A
Dear Rachel,
1.- Use "Window > Show Entities ..". Make sure to activate "SHOW LABELS" in the "highlighter" icon on top of MODEL INFO
2.- In the MODEL INFO you can click in the square icon on the left of any field to activate the "Hide All, Show All, ...etc..". But I suggest to use LAYERS, in my opinion this is the best method in FEMAP to arange your FE model, I left GROUPS for postprocessing only, not for model creation.
3.- I don't understand this point, please explain better.

Best regards,
Blas.

Hello Blas, Thank you for your reply. My question #3 is that
there is Vector in contour style from View Select. If Vector is chosen, stresses cannot be contour cannot be displayed. For example, we can look at results of tutorial 12, choose Vector, 6029 Axisym Azimuth Stress. But Total Applied Forces show up not Azimuth Stress. Thank you for your response in advance.
Regards,
Rachel

Innovator
Innovator
Dear Rachel,
You are confused with the term "vector", when you want to plot stresses in your model, ALWAYS use CONTOUR, OK?. Displacement is a vector, not stress.

The procedure for postprocessing results after finishing with success a NX NASTRAN task is the following:
• Click F5, you will see the 1st image. Here choose "Deformed Style = Deform" and "Contour Style = Contour". Click on DEFORMED AND CONTOUR DATA.
• Then you will see the next picture: here select the OUTPUT SET, ie, the set that contains the computed results processed by NX NASTRAN.
• Also select as "OUTPUT VECTOR" the TOTAL TRANSLATION. This is a way to compute the deformed shape of the structure based in the total translation results.
• And finally select the value to plot using contours you can choose contour plots of displacements, or vonMises stress, etc..

Best regards,
Blas.